Today’s challenge is to share 10 things you probably don’t know about me. This is going to be difficult because I’m pretty much an open book. There’s not much to know about me that I haven’t already shared. BUT I suppose there might be one person who has stumbled upon my blog for the first time (I’m sorry) and might find that all 10 things are something they didn’t know about me. And probably don’t want to know but your life will be soooo much richer because of it! In all seriousness these top 10 things will NOT be life changing bits of information…I’m no more special than the next person but it might bring you a little giggle or perhaps a gasp or an eye roll or a…HEY, did you just click out of my blog?
I’m going to countdown like the Top 10 List on David Letterman because Dave’s cool. Here we go folks…
10. I have a special talent! I can guess the final total of a receipt (usually within $3.00) when grocery or clothes shopping. Okay, so it’s not impressive if the total is 6 bucks but when it’s more it’s pretty impressive. I just went to Las Vegas and that numbers skill did not help me win. I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Next!
9. Dean Martin (watch “That’s Amore” video) is one of my all-time favorite performers EVER!
8. I am absolutely and irrevocably terrified of public speaking. While in high school I somehow managed to get out of public speaking all four years. As an adult I have had to do it a few times. I can literally hear my heartbeat in my ears. I panic and want to run. I’m sure a lot of you can relate to this. Does anyone really like it?
7. When I was 15 years old I had a rare disorder called Guillain Barre Syndrome and was paralyzed from my chest down for several months. I had to learn to walk again…it took a full year to completely recover. That was a no fun time of my life but I learned how tough I am.
6. I’ll take a funny guy over a good looking guy any day! Luckily I got both with my super hero husband Nate. He’s the funniest and most handsome guy I’ve ever known.
5. I had 2 on 2/22…yep, you heard it hear. I had twin boys on February 22. That’s kinda cool right? Also one of my very very best childhood friends is a twin and my brother-in-law has twins. Twins rock!
4. I like to make people laugh…I’ll throw myself under the bus to do it! But if you fall down in front of me, you will make ME laugh! I’m a horrible person. 😦
3. My favorite quote is “Mean People Suck!”. Rudeness and people who treat others disrespectfully throw me into an instant “I’m going to kick your ass” mode. There’s no room for this stuff. It’s so much easier to be kind. Hey, if you are a meanie meanie you should stop it!
2. I’ve always had a pretty horrible body image and have to constantly fight to keep my weight down…I lose the fight all the time but I always get back up and keep trying. It suuuucks! But I keep fighting because you never know when something is going to work and you should never give up the good fight.
1. 99.9% of people who cross my path know that I am probably one of the most passionate Foo Fighters fans ever. It has been a dream of mine to meet the lead singer, Dave Grohl. Thanks to one of my BFFs (shout out to Kelly and her bff Christian,) Dave actually called me on the phone (about 3 years ago). On another occasion I was able to ask him a question during a Q&A at a film festival (maybe I cried a little….just one single tear tho), and he signed my arm. Sigh!
So, now it’s your turn. I want to know something about you that I probably don’t know…and wish I did! C’mon! This task isn’t easy….try thinking of some interesting and read-worthy information about you that might hold someone’s interest, make them smile or give them a teensy weeny look into your soul.